The Department of Psychology teaches the skills needed to scientifically analyze the mysteries of the mind. Skills such as research and data analysis are crucial for disciplines that examine how human minds and behaviors are shaped by their environment.
The Department aims to teach the skills students will need to become expert analysts of the mind. By studying a progression of analysis methods, students learn how to scientifically explicate the mechanisms of the human mind with the corroboration of materials and data.
These courses bring together various schools of psychology to provide a more in-depth understanding of the field. Students are provided with a wide range of knowledge, preparing them for careers in a variety of areas after graduation.
- The teaching approach is rooted in everyday life, making it easy for students to make practical connections.
- The Department's wide-ranging examination of psychology approaches the field from familiar entry points such as fashion, cosmetics, crime, music, the environment, social/family issues and the self.
- Learn presentation skills for psychology research.
- In addition to studying psychology itself, students learn how to process information with relevant software, and learn presentation skills useful for giving reports. As befits a field dubbed the "Science of the Mind", processing data and presenting reports are important skills for psychology research.
- The in-depth study of three areas teaches students how to approach facts scientifically.
- Psychology is a discipline that gathers statistical and experimental data and makes observations and findings from such data analysis. Since psychology research deals with human mentality and behavior, students can relate to it easily, devising research topics inspired by their own lives or those around them.
- Cognitive / information processing psychology
- A discipline that approaches computer thought processes from a psychological perspective, it seeks to explicate the mechanisms behind human memory, perception and thought by researching information processing procedures.
- Developmental / social psychology
- Seeks to explicate the mental changes that occur with aging over the lifespan of an individual, and the mental processes responsible for various social phenomena.
- Personality / clinical psychology
- Conduct research on individual personality and mental health and fitness in order to improve mental health and aid recovery from mental illness.
Prepares graduates for jobs in several fields as specialists of the human mind.
- High School Teacher's License Type 1 (Civics)
- Junior High School Teacher's License Type 1 (Social Studies)
- JPA-Certified Psychologist
- Qualifications to work as children's program directors
- ICT companies
- Media companies
- PR departments
- Customer service / other services industries
- Welfare facilities
- Government agencies (child counseling, welfare or medicine)
- Marketing research companies
- Labor management
- Community activist
- Graduate school (clinical psychology or research)
- Vocational school (speech therapist or licensed psychiatric social worker)
Four years, at least 124 credits.
Bachelor's Degree (Psychology).